Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tears

After fighting it all day, I've come to the conclusion that I really just need a good cry. I prefer laughter but sometimes that doesn't erase the burden of a long day.

I love my sister. She is one of my favorite humans ever, a lifelong friend, a constant source of love and encouragement. She was to fly in from California to see me today but she missed her flight and another was not an option. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to her visit...until she wasn't coming.

My sister-in-law was supposed to drive down from Portland this Friday to come visit for the weekend. Initially there was some concern over these 2 visits so close together, would it exhaust me, would it be too much...and now it doesn't matter. She's running a fever and we can't chance me getting sick right now.

My girlfriend is flying in next week. Her first visit in the 12 years I've lived here in Oregon. Please pray that nothing comes up. Pray for her health and home.

I'm trusting God today. As much as I thought I needed these special visitors, he knows what's best for me. Crying won't change a thing but I can't help it. These disappointments come from my expectations and I realize that my eyes had shifted from what's most important. Him. Jesus. My joy is in him alone. And I'd forgotten for a moment in anticipation of these other loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment