Today I saw the plastic surgeon to discuss my options for reconstruction. Thankfully Charlie was able to go with me. The plastic surgeon was very thorough and patiently answered all of our questions. I feel confident in our decision to do the double mastectomy now and reconstruction later. When we take into consideration my current health (good) and fibromyalgia (thankfully well managed now), I think it would be best to focus on getting the cancer out of my body asap and HEAL before adding additional risks and stress to my body. Then, when I'm ready, I'll start the reconstructive process.
Please pray for my family, especially Charlie. We all are handling this differently, but I'm sure you'll all understand the feeling of helplessness he's experiencing through this. He does so much for our family already, but this is different and uncertain.
Please pray for my medical team.
Please pray for my healing. Miraculous and sparing, if it is God's will for me.
Please pray for our family's provision. After this week I will not be able to work and contribute, plus Charlie is missing work in order to be at my appointments with me. A difficult decision when it affects our income, but it is a comfort to me and something he can do ❤