Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Questions

I had so many questions and no one could answer them...

How bad is it?
What do I do next?
Does this mean surgery? Chemo? Radiation?
Who can answer me?

All I knew was that I'd been referred to an oncologist and a surgeon. And it was urgent.

That was on a Thursday. By Tuesday I still hadn't heard from anyone. I left several messages for the doctor that were never returned. I finally found out who the referrals had been sent to and called both offices only to discover that neither one had received the referrals. Finally got them to send the referrals again. More waiting...

On Mon, May 16th, 2 days before we were supposed to leave on vacation, I finally saw the surgeon.

At that point, he said I could choose between a lumpectomy and a mastectomy. I asked for more testing.

Tuesday, bloodwork.

Wednesday, BRCA1 & BRCA2 genetic testing. An MRI that night.

6 hours later we left for California.

No comments:

Post a Comment