Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Choosing JOY

Sometimes it's just easier to share once.
Facebook post from May 17, 2016:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
James 1:2-3

Today, I'm choosing JOY.

We've been through a few trials and now we're facing another one. But first...

To those that have asked about Nathan and have been praying for him, THANK YOU. He is improving daily and sleeping nightly. He/we now feel better equipped to handle his challenges as they arrive. I am especially thankful to a special group of ladies, they know who they are, that had been an amazing source of wisdom and encouragement for me as we sought help for Nathan. God knew just what I needed.

A thank you is also in order for those of you that have helped me get my business up and rolling. It is THRIVING, thanks to each of you that have shared a post, attended a class, or hosted a party. THANK YOU! I'm placing my trust in God's capable hands for its future.

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
James 1:4

And finally, the trial.
I've been enjoying the best health of my adult life these last few years, despite my fibromyalgia. Praise the Lord for his gift of healing! Healthier, stronger, more active in every area of my life. And then I was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple weeks ago. I'm calling on my Prayer Warriors to join me again ❤ I will have more tests done today and we're hoping for an MRI tomorrow before we leave town to visit my family. Please lift my dad up in prayer as well. He was diagnosed with colon cancer 3 weeks before I got my results.

Please don't call right now. I'm trying to keep my line open for scheduling these appointments and I need to spend time with my family. To answer the questions I know are sure to come...Yes, I'll be having surgery asap. Chemo and radiation are likely to follow. Yes, my boys know and they are handling it well, all things considered. Please pray for them and the days ahead. Charlie too.

A couple years ago, I memorized the book of James, but only the first chapter remains in my brain. I can't think of more appropriate words right now ❤

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
James 1:5-8

I am asking God for wisdom and healing. Again ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment