Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

October is

October is...
Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Like most people, I am aware of all the pink gear everywhere I go. I know what it represents but since this year it has personal significance, I'm going to take some time to share with you from my perspective "in the trenches".

"Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM), also referred to in America as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM), is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer." If you're inclined to, you can read more about it here.

This year, I am pledging to participate this campaign. I am not a representative or affiliated in any way with the various breast cancer charities out there. Still, I am committing myself to increase awareness of breast cancer by sharing with all of you, my supportive friends and family...and those you've invited here. Since I'm currently in "battle mode", any funds I raise will be for my own research, cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of my breast cancer. If you're already interested in contributing to my fund, you can do so here.

October is just getting started and I have so much to share. I hope you'll come back each day and invite your friends and family.
God bless❤

No comments:

Post a Comment