Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

[Day 2] Angels We Have Heard On High

Angels We Have Heard On High
Angels we have on heard high
Sweetly singing o’er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria in Excelsis Deo
Driving home tonight, after a long day at the park with family and friends, I was blown away by the beautiful sunset. Not just a blend of colors, but the clouds looked like wind-scattered sand, the sky painted blue, pink, orange... A deep breath of contentment filled my lungs. God is good...
Luke 2:14 says-
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
Yes, it was His Perfect Peace I was feeling. Just for that moment, I was in awe as I considered what an artist our God is. In all of creation we see his fingerprints. Whether a colorful sunset, a newborn child, tall trees, beautiful flowers, a wild animal...truly AWEsome.
I cannot imagine what it was like that night Jesus was born. Angels rejoicing, singing glory and honor to the Newborn King. Awestruck...
When was the last time you were truly in awe of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment