Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

[Day 1] Joy to the World

Joy to the World, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King.
Still basking in the Thanksgiving afterglow, I am so very much aware of the good gifts God gives us every day, if only we would open our eyes and look around. Family around the dinner table, friends with warm greetings and hugs, strangers who respond to a simple smile. The hesitant kind...."what? Who me?"  Yes...
Nehemiah 8:10 says-
Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
God answered our prayers this week to send family to spend Thanksgiving with us. My mom and my brother drove
12 hours to join us. We were overjoyed to see them, spend time with them, make memories. And thanks to friends that sent portions to us who had none, we ate and drank too. What normally would have left me exhausted- hours on end in the kitchen, cleaning, cooking, cleaning again- I found strength in the Lord readily available. He is so good! Rejoice! Rejoice! I gladly receive my King! :)
What is it that keeps us from remembering or noticing these things a few weeks from now, in the cold gloominess of February? I don't know, but I will work to prevent it this next year.
What will you rejoice about during this Christmas season?

No comments:

Post a Comment