Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

[Day 4] I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men.”
Most of the people I've come into contact with lately would not tell you (or me) that Christmastime is a peaceful time for them. I've seen mothers rushing their children from here to there and back again- play rehearsals, choir practice, and parties. I've seen fathers feeling the pressure of providing for the extra expenses that come with gift giving, traveling, and party planning. I've seen children tired from the busyness and lack of sleep and schedule.
Yes, there are some folks that haven't been lost to the holiday hustle and bustle, but they are few and far between.
I am striving to stay grounded right now, but troubled by a situation brewing in our lives. One most definitely out of our control. We keep bringing it back to the Lord, not knowing what He would have us  do, but finding ourselves impatient for His answer.
Psalm 29:11 says-
May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!
Lord, there is I nothing I want more than your peace. I am so thankful that, like today's Christmas carol,  you are not dead, that you do not sleep, that you hear my prayers, that you have all things in your control, that you have plans for me, plans for good. Help me to keep my eyes on you, especially when there are so many distractions surrounding me. Instead, surround me with your peace. May Your Will be done today and always...
In what ways do you find peace and comfort in God?

No comments:

Post a Comment