Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

[Day 18] Go Tell It On The Mountain

Go Tell It On The Mountain

The shepherds feared and trembled
When lo! above the earth
Rang out the angel chorus
That hailed our Saviour’s birth

When I was born, my parents sent out a birth announcement that says something like "Announcing the (my maiden name) Classic", complete with golf appropriate statistics. Why golf? Well, that was my dad's thing. An avid golfer, it was a creative way to share news of my arrival with loved ones who had been anticipating my arrival.

When Jesus was born, His Father also sent out a unique birth announcement, a bright star in the night sky, complete with the heavenly chorus of angels. Why a star and angels? It was Jesus' Father's thing. After all, he created the heavens. What better way to share the Good News with the people He loves that His Son, Jesus,  had arrived? Good news of great joy!

Luke 2:10 says-

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

Are you shouting out the Good News? Are you sharing it at all? If not, what's keeping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment