Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[Day 16] O Holy Night

O Holy Night

Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born!

The night when Christ was born was a most perfect night, but He was delivered into this world under difficult circumstances. His mother was in labor, yet there was no room for them at the inn. Did she worry that they wouldn't find shelter in time? Did she trust the Lord as her body prepared to bring forth the Newborn King, that this was part of His plan? His earthly father, Joseph, did find shelter for them, but it was with the animals. It was not much, but it was something. And before long, He was here, taking His first breath in the flesh.

I've done some worrying of my own lately. "Difficult circumstances", what an understatement. I've pleaded with God to shelter me from this storm, to deliver me. I felt like I had been dog paddling for days. Exhausted, hopeless, helpless. In choosing to trust God, I had to let go of my own expectations, my own will, and walk in faith.

Today, deliverance came. A miraculous answer to prayer. Praise God! I want to shout it from the roof tops!

Luke 2:32 says-

"...a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel."

How are you being a light to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment