Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

[Day 8] Away In A Manger

Away In A Manger

Away in a manger, no crib for His bed;
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head

Last night our temperature dropped to 3°. Cold, no matter where you're from. Yet I had a roof over my head, warm clothes and blankets. Plenty of water and food to sustain us for days to come. I had a toasty fire going and the sweet knowledge that my children were tucked snugly into their soft, comfy beds.

Luke 2:6-7 says-

And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

Jesus, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, was born with little more than the comforts offered to animals. No room at the inn for weary travelers, let alone a young laboring mother-to-be.

Every day of my life I have had more than the "accommodations" my King was born into. I have much to be thankful for.

Simple. Humble. Not much more than a roof over their heads...Baby Jesus, born in a manger.

Why do you think God chose this setting for His Son, Our Savior, to be born rather than one fit for a King?

No comments:

Post a Comment