Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

[Day 19] God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

God rest ye merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, Christ, our Saviour
Was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

I will gladly take the rest that is offered, even if I'm not a gentleman ;) I. Am. Tired. There, I said it. I'm exhausted, through and through. Sickness plus stress will wear a girl out! On top of that, I've been working my tail off to try to help offset those added expenses. God has generously blessed those efforts and for that I am thankful. Comfort and joy...ah, yes. THAT. I purpose to wholeheartedly invite more comfort and joy in our home, especially these next few days. Jesus, we welcome you!

Matthew 11:28-29 says-

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment