Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

[Day 10] I'll Be Home For Christmas

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I’ll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Where is "home" for you? For me, I think of where the rest of my family of origin resides, hundreds of miles from here. Of course, I moved so many times growing up that there is no particular house that I call home, but I'd sure love to be home for Christmas! To see everyone, give hugs and kisses, laughter, love. It's just not the same over the phone.

Of course, there's also "home" with my children and my wonderful husband. A place where we eat around the dinner table, cuddle on the couch, give hugs and kisses, laughter, love... Of course we've moved several times too, so it's not a house thing.

I learned at a very young age that these homes we live in, these houses, they're temporary. I also learned that a new home means more than just a new address- it means new friends, new favorite places, new experiences. But sometimes it's hard to find your place in all that. Yeah, I learned that too...

Philippians 3:20 says-

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ...

Christ is my everything. He is my constant, my unchanging Savior who provides for my every need. My real home is in heaven with Him. Nothing else will ever truly satisfy or make me feel complete. Those moments here in this world- cuddling in the couch, hugs and kisses, laughter, love -they only give us tiny glimpses of Home.

Instead of what the world has to offer, how will you allow Jesus to satisfy you and to fulfill your every need this Christmastime?

No comments:

Post a Comment