Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

[Day 6] O Come, O Come Emmanuel

O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel,
Shall come to thee, O Israel.
It snowed today. More snow than I've seen in one day since I moved here 7 years ago. I have missed the quiet peacefulness of that icy cloak of freshly fallen glittery white snow. I can feel God's presence in the stillness, just like I do when I hear the ocean's waves crashing on the sandy beach. His Strength. His Peace. His Absolute Power over all creation. So close...
Matthew 1:23 says-
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel” (which means, God with us).
I desperately needed to feel God's presence today. I know in my heart that He is always with us, but with things in our life slowly spinning out of control, to have Our Heavenly Father lovingly wrap us in this beautiful blanket is to know a joy-filled peace like no other. Thank you, Lord...Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel...
Since God is “Emmanuel,” how is God with YOU this Christmas season?

No comments:

Post a Comment