Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

[Day 3] Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light.
From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.
When I really listened to the words of today's Christmas carol, the one word that really struck me was "little". Have yourself a merry LITTLE Christmas... Yes, and little it shall be! A non-existent budget makes for easy gift giving. I can either make it, bake it, or fake it ;) But these things take so much time and effort...Who has time to be baking and crafting all day? Busy, busy, busy. Sounds like a certain Martha we all know (Luke 10). I need to be here, do this, go there...adjoining my wheels all day...And I just desire to spend this Christmas time celebrating my Jesus, honoring Him, sharing Him...
Luke 10:41-42 says-
But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things,  but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
Lord Jesus, teach me to be like Mary! 
The more I thought about it, the clearer it became to me. That's the perfect gift! One that I gave up my time for, moved my hands over, prayed over the recipient...
I'm starting to see my merry little Christmas taking shape and I like what I see. What troubles do you need to let go of to have one too?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Always a good reminder. It's not about the gift. It's about a relationship. One that we model after our relationship with Christ. May we see the value in fellowship, kindness, love ... more than we do in a big package with a pretty bow. That's something you can't buy, or put a price on. I personally hate it when someone bangs their head against the wall in trying to find something to buy me. I would much rather just have some good ole' quality time ...a family game, or a cup of coffee and a nice chat...so much better.

    ReplyDelete