Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Thankful [Nov 9]

I talked to my integrative oncologist this afternoon. She thoroughly looked over my scans from the ER. And then she had the head radiologist in the valley go over them to give his opinion. Here's what they found so far:

• MY BRAIN IS CLEAR. Praise the Lord! #22
• My chest wall has 2 pockets of fluid. My integrative oncologist will have my surgeon check that for infection or inflammation. It maybe nothing (hopefully) but they'll take closer look to be sure. The main thing they want to rule out is recurrence since it's where my cancer originated.
• I am scheduled for an MRI of my neck early Thursday morning. All these tests and NOTHING has presented itself yet as the cause of these awful headaches. I have suspected my chemo drug, taxol, but my doctor is not convinced.
• My integrative oncologist said to go ahead and reschedule chemo but they won't let me til my other oncologist reviews my ER docs and approves it, tomorrow at the earliest. (Not likely to happen and I'll just resume next week.)

My chemo buddy for today came to my house instead and she helped me put up my fall decor (that's been sitting in a box in my living room for 2 months waiting) just in time for me to enjoy it a few weeks before breaking out the Christmas boxes. Thank you!!  #23

Friends passing through from southern California stopped by this afternoon for a visit too and we had a wonderful time catching up and laughing and praying. So good to see them😊 #24

Tomorrow afternoon my mom and I head to Grants Pass for my "luxury photoshoot". A huge thank you to the mystery friends that nominated me and to Anna Scott Photography. #25 I'll be rocking my  fuzzy bald head for some shots and my wig for others. Kinda looking forward to a girlie day with my mom ❤

Our prayer requests remain the same:
Pray for my body to be fully healed and restored.
Pray for my family, for their health and protection.
Pray for my medical team.
Pray for the resolution of my health insurance.
Pray for my helpers, all of them- meals, transportation, accompaniment to appointments, financial support. We are coming up short in all of these areas.
Pray for wisdom and discernment as we face these challenges.

One more I'd like to add- please pray for my business, for clarity of mind, and for my energy to be stable to be able to open my studio later this month. This dream come true is a beautiful thing but we're starting to feel the financial crunch from my treatment costs. Unfortunately these costs will not end with chemo in a few weeks. I've been surprised at how many folks assume that


Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
ISAIAH 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment