Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Thankful [Nov 6, 7, 8]

I skipped a few days. Not because I'm not thankful but because a break was in order.

We lost a dear friend this week. I'm thankful I got to say goodbye. #15

My husband was in the ER Sunday with chest pain. Anxiety is a beast but I'm thankful he's okay. #16

What a relief to slip away last night to pray and worship with some girlfriends. I'm thankful for the sweet fellowship and laughter. #17

I saw my integrative oncologist yesterday to go over the symptoms my other doctors were dismissing. She ordered scans to check my brain and chest. Thankfully they've been approved. #18  Hoping for the best, looking for the worst...better to know now and change course than to wait and find out later. Meanwhile, I went in for my weekly check with my oncology team today and the PA I saw stopped everything to double-check my vitals and stepped out of the room to get a second opinion. Along with the other symptoms we were to be watching, now extreme fatigue (I could barely stay awake even after a good night's sleep), my pulse was racing and my blood pressure was high. All abnormal compared to my weekly check ins for the last 3 months. I was sent straight to the ER for evaluation. My mom took me and my husband met us there. I'm thankful they both stayed with me the whole time. #19 Ct scans of my head and chest. Chest xrays. EKG. My brain looks to be clear. Thank you, Lord! #20 No sign of blood clots. There are a couple areas on my chest and side that will require further testing. All this was relayed to my integrative oncologist when I got home at 8 pm. This amazing doctor texts me to check on me and advises me, even at odd hours. No chemo tomorrow. *sigh* I am thankful for her! #21

There is both relief and new concerns with today's news. I've felt very strongly that something more was going on. The headaches I'm getting are horrible. I've felt that my body was overloaded with toxins and needed a break. Now I'll get one, even if it is to run more tests. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm so ready to be done with this!

Please continue to pray.
Pray for my body to be fully healed and restored.
Pray for my family, for their health and protection.
Pray for my medical team.
Pray for the resolution of my health insurance.
Pray for my helpers, all of them- meals, transportation, accompaniment to appointments, financial support.
Pray for wisdom and discernment as we face more challenges.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

ISAIAH 41:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment