Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful [Nov 11, 12, 13, 14, 15]

Counting my blessings even as wave after wave crashes over me trying to sink me and bring me down. I will not drowned. Not today.

#32 I saw my surgeon on Friday to investigate the fluid found on my ct scan. He drained it *ew!* with abig ol' needle *ouch!* and it was not cancerous. Thank you, Lord💙

#33 I got to see the first photo from my photo shoot and loved it! I can't wait to see the rest!! 😆

#34 There are no words to express how thankful I am to know we'll meet again with our friend who was called home last week. It's always hard to say goodbye but there is comfort and raw joy in knowing he's reunited with his bride and in the presence of the Lord.

#35 I'm thankful for my girlfriends that drove up to see me, support me, laugh with me, and enjoy a few days without a constant focus on cancer. 26 and 29 years of friendship I wouldn't trade for the world 💜 Oh, and forget about twinning. We tripletted 😉

#36 I am thankful for heroes of the faith, like Joni Eareckson Tada. I was absolutely blessed to meet her this weekend and hear her speak on suffering. (I plan to share more about that later.)

#37 I'm thankful that when my son woke up with a rash covering his face and arms that I had friends willing to step in and help me get him to the doctor. That's the first time I've been on speakerphone from the parking lot while answering the doctor's questions about my son. Thank God for today's technology.

#38 I'm thankful for the beauty of southern Oregon and that I get to call this land "home". My girlfriends and I took the scenic route around the valley. The rain only made their "Oregon experience" that much more authentic. 😂

#39 I'm thankful that upon seeing my oncologist this morning, I learned that she's approving *my* plan for completing chemo on time, no extension to make up for missing last week's. 3 more rounds to go!!

#40 I'm also thankful that my oncologist was concerned about my son's rash and called in a favor from a colleague in dermatology. With protecting my impaired immune system in mind, he agreed to see my son. (Unfortunately, my son's doctor took forever to issue the referral and we have to wait another day.)

#41 I'm thankful for friends that *read between the lines* and recognize the stress we were under today trying to take care of my son, protect me from whatever was making him breakout, and preparing for tomorrow's chemo infusion. Delivering a meal to feed my guys means one less thing we had to think about at the moment.

#42 I'm thankful for my daddy calling this evening. I'm so glad we put him on speakerphone for a bit so we all got to talk to him 💜

#43 I'm most thankful that this day is finally over!! God bless and good night😴

No comments:

Post a Comment