Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Counting blessings

Today is the first day I've struggled with keeping my chin up. It's Father's Day and I can't go to church with my family or the picnic in the park to follow. I missed the concert they went to last night too, both to volunteer and to enjoy the show. Too many moving bodies for my tender wounds right now. My sister-in-law left this morning to head home after tending to me and my family all week. I didn't sleep well last night due to discomfort in my arms and chest. No surprise, but no relief either. Constant is the reminder that my life will never be the same.

I have much to be thankful for though, many blessings to count.
The sunshine on my skin...again.
Ice packs.
Flexible shower heads.
Vegetables in season. Berries.
My playful puppy chasing birds, butterflies, and bees.
The too tall dandelions dancing in the slight breeze. They'll likely be mowed down soon, but for now they are feeding the bees.
Flowers blooming.
Family that loves me.
Friends that do too.
Cold drinks.
Hot homemade salsa.
Good movies.
Great books.

Thank you, Lord, for helping me see past my complaining to the goodness you give all around me ❤

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. To my dad, my first love. To my husband, father of my children, my beloved. And to my Heavenly Father, giver of life, my Healer and my Shelter, my Rock.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family <3 It's hard to keep things in true perspective but it sounds like you are counting your blessings <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to keep a true perspective sometimes, you are doing amazing in that way <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying God's comfort over you Tika. This post is a beautiful example of counting your blessings in real life struggles. Hugs to you and you are shining Jesus!

    ReplyDelete