Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Renewal

renewal -the act of being renewed, to be restored to a former state; become like new again

2014- Happy New Year!
Today marks the beginning of a new year, FULL of possibilities. It is an opportunity to let go of the old ways and embrace the new. To be renewed.

Romans 12:1-2 says-
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

I know it seems cliche, but I, like people everywhere, am making a few resolutions today. You are welcome to hold me to them...I need the accountability. And your prayers!

My New Year's Resolutions 2014:
• to treat my body as a sacrifice, a temple of the Holy Spirit, allowing renewal and restoration of health
• to seek God's face daily, with all my heart and an open mind, allowing transformation and renewal
• to increasingly trust God in every area of my life, a renewed commitment, seeking His Wisdom and peace for my restless soul
• to faithfully use my God-given gifts and resources to bless others as He has blessed me
• And lastly, to start counting my blessings again via Ann Voscamp's Joy Dare of 1000 Gifts (Join me!)
Blessings to you and yours in this new year! My hope and prayer for you is that each season you are in is a blessed season.

How can I pray for you as we jump into this new year?

Gifts Heard
#1 my children laughing
#2 my husband's voice
#3 the washing machine running ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment