Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I'll pray

"I'll be praying for you."

I used to wonder if the well-meaning people that said this to me really meant it. Did they really take the time? Did they remember? Were they just saying that to be nice or because they thought that's what I wanted them to say? Do they really care?

I can't answer that. In fact, I can't speak for anyone but myself. I suppose it doesn't really matter if they do. God knows my heart and He hears my prayers, even if I pray alone. And thankfully, I don't worry about that about more.

But I want to be a woman of my word. I strive to keep my word when those words cross my lips. What would be the point of telling someone I'll pray for them if their need is not my concern. If THEY are not my concern. And then I think... If God has placed this person in my life, at this time, and brought their need to my attention...how can I not?

So, I do. And I will. I will pray for you. Any time, any place. I will gladly pray for you. Because I love you. So does Jesus. And I believe that's exactly what He wants me to do.

So, when I drop by your house and you tell me you're nervous about a recent doctor visit, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When I run into you at the library and you tell me you're trying to sell your house against the odds, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When you're pregnant or sick, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When you're worried about your child, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When your mom's in the hospital, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When you're facing a big move and new people and nothing familiar, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray. When your job is not all you'd hoped it'd be and you don't know what to do, and I tell you I'll pray, I'll pray.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says-

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

By allowing me to pray for you, I also get to rejoice with you when those prayers are answered, to give thanks, to lend a hand when you need it, or a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you for the privilege!

Photo: a peek at my Prayer Board. My way of keeping track of who I'm praying for and how, as well as prayers that have been answered. How can I pray for you?

And my 3 gifts of the day:
Dusky light
#22 afternoons in my house, a reminder that the day is drawing to a close
Surprising reflection
#23 my husband's face reflecting off a picture as he plays his bass guitar
Lovely shadow
#24 the ceiling fan shadows spinning as it pushes the warm air through my house, keeping us warm and cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment