Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Homesick

God is good.
Although I have moved over 30 times in my lifetime, I have been privileged to live in some very beautiful locations over the years. My current home in southern Oregon is no exception. Tucked in a little valley along the Rogue River, surrounded by mountains and trees, I am blessed.
But...
I'm homesick like crazy.
 
From the my childhood days in Lake Arrowhead, running wild and free in the mountains, listening for my dad's whistle to call us home.
 
And those dazed and confused years bumming around the beaches and bars, yet finding such strength and peace in the crashing waves on the shore, spending my quiet time sitting on the sand. Little did I know that God was calling my name even then.
 
To my years in Orange County, making a mess of myself in the hustle and bustle of city living, but later finding Christ there in the midst of it all, saving me from myself forever.
 
I'm a cali girl at heart. I grew up all over southern California, and while I don't miss the "speed of life", I miss the warm beaches and sunshine. Even more than that, I miss my family and friends.
But God is good...all the time!
 
Praying for a visit home soon. It's been much too long...


Photo: Oceanside Pier, artwork by yours truly, circa 1994
 

No comments:

Post a Comment