Pages

Friday, October 5, 2018

Confirmation

1st, I just want to say THANK YOU for your prayers and support. It means the world to me & my guys.
2nd, I saw my integrative oncologist today to go over my biopsy results and next steps. The bone biopsy taken from my pelvis confirms that 1) the cancer is back & 2) it is the same type as before. I started treatment (hormone blockers) last week but now we're upping the dose to bring on a faster response. PLEASE pray for this process. I'm to expect even more pain than I'm currently experiencing but the hope is to bring that "peak" on BEFORE Charlie and I leave for our anniversary trip (not during). She now has me on morphine for the pain. As much as I hate taking both these drugs, I don't see another viable option at this time.
3rd, the questions everyone's thinking but afraid to ask:
Stage 4, what does this mean? It means I'll be "in treatment" for the rest of my life, to slow/control its growth.
It's in my bones but not soft tissue. Is that good or bad? Actually, as painful as it is, it's good. I have a longer life expectancy than if it was in my brain, liver, or lungs.
Speaking of life expectancy, am I going to die? Simply put, yes. We all will someday. The odds of me dying from cancer are now increased but my doctor refuses to put a timeline in place till we see how my body responds to treatment. Typically breast cancer survivors with bone mets can live YEARS with controlled disease. I see this as a welcomed challenge. I'm planning on decades. 😊 3 or 4 sound good.
Last of all, I need to put this out there: We (me and my guys) appreciate the love & concern from all who've walked beside us through this.

Every dime donated goes towards my ongoing health care costs to fight this beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment