Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Casting for Recovery

Last weekend, I attended a fly fishing retreat for breast cancer survivors, Casting for Recovery, at Lake Creek Lodge in Camp Sherman, OR. I took my time driving out there, stopping often and finally allowing myself to process the info I'd just received, that once again I was fighting cancer.
I heard that 65 women applied to go to this special getaway but only 14 are selected each year. I'm so thankful to have been a part of this group and spend time sharing with these women. Such a huge blessing😊 The staff and volunteers took such good care of us! Especially my personal river helper 💗 I was in so much pain that last day when we finally went fishing. She made sure I still had a great time, drove me to the water so I didn't have to walk the distance, let me use her walking stick to help me balance in the water. She even paid attention to my special dietary needs and brought me a snack in case I got hungry while we were out there. Such a gift!
It was an emotional weekend for me but the timing could only have been God's.
A huge THANK YOU to each new friend I made there, for making the weekend so very special.













No comments:

Post a Comment