Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Chart

This is the chart of the CA 15-3 cancer tumor markers we've been monitoring. The same test that caught the slight change back in August. Do you see how it was steady and flat until early this year when it started to rise? And then it climbed straight up as those cancer cells started multiplying. There's good news! That slight tip to the right means the cell growth is SLOWING. This is exactly what we were hoping to see as my body begins to respond to the Adaptive Therapy initiated almost one month ago. Since the cancer is advanced and not considered curable, the goal is maintain the number of tumor cells below that which causes symptoms. Like I said, this is good news! Just the beginning but it's encouraging to know that we are headed in the right direction.

I'm also happy to report that we seem to have found a tolerable combination of medications to manage my pain. Now that it is better controlled, I am actively looking into natural or less addictive options as I do not like the idea of long term use of morphine. Several of you mentioned some very helpful points on one of my previous posts, so thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment