Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Peace

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6‭-‬7

All week long I've been praying for God's peace to flood my home and my heart. Tuesday, I went in for an echocardiogram. One of the chemo drugs they'll be using has the potential to damage my heart so they wanted to get a baseline to start with. This worries me. Wednesday, I met with my radiation oncologist. My brain hurts. Thankfully, I don't have to decide for awhile. I also got fitted for a mastectomy bra. Weird. And a reflexology session. That was lovely. Today was the only day I didn't have appointments scheduled, so I got to take my son to the DMV. Tomorrow I'll go in for my port placement. This surgical procedure has caused me more anxiety than the thought of having both my breasts removed so they don't kill me! Please pray for me. Back to the hospital tomorrow. Chemo starts Wednesday. 20 weeks of chemotherapy. Good grief...

My sister is flying in on Sunday. She'll be here for a few days and be able to go to my first chemo treatment with me. My mom will be here for the rest. She recently decided that she'd like to be here close by to walk this journey with me. I am so thankful. She will be looking for a small 2 bedroom house or apartment to rent in the Medford area. Please pray she finds something quickly.

My dad goes in for his surgery a week from Monday to remove the colon cancer from his body. Please pray for him and my stepmom.

So many of you have helped with meals and transportation, garden goodies, prayers, donations, and encouraging notes. THANK YOU. I don't think I'll ever catch up on thank you notes, but please know I do appreciate each one of you.

It's so odd to think that 2 months ago I was searching for the perfect place for my art studio. My business had been growing by leaps and bounds. I had almost signed a lease when my biopsy results came in and turned my world upside-down. Cancer. My hope is that my business will survive this healing sabbatical I'm on and that I can return to doing what I love. It brings me such joy to teach and encourage new artists, both young and old. In the meantime, today I painted for the first time since my surgery.  It was good therapy and I was filled with peace. I can do this...but I'm glad I'm not alone.

For those that are asking how to help, please understand that I don't always have an answer. I do appreciate the genuine offers, but I can't keep track of who said what and when they're available. It's hard enough keeping track of my appointments. An idea? Come visit me, dear friends. Ask, pray, listen, and maybe you'll hear something that will give you an idea on how to help. Or check out the notes we posted a few weeks ago here.

Much love,
Tika
For the Weeks family

No comments:

Post a Comment