Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

My Hair

My hair. It's always had a mind of its own.

It started falling out earlier this week. My scalp had been feeling weird. 

"Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows."

Luke 12:7 

Jesus said that. Maybe he was hinting of my nest? 😉

Tuesday I took a shower in the morning and again that night. My hair clogged the drain both times. Wednesday morning, another shower before chemo, same thing. So much hair. That night I was so tired and just achy after chemo, I just wanted a shower and my bed. As I stuck my head under the water, I let my hair get wet and added shampoo. And more hair stated falling out tangled together in huge matted dreadlock looking things. I called for Charlie to bring me my comb. I slathered in conditioner and gently tried to work through the tangles. It just got worse and more clumps just added to it. This is it.I had already talked to my boys about when it was time to shave my head. They've had me cutting their hair their whole lives. It was their turn to buzz mine. Nathan had a hard time with it and decided not to. Ryan took over and cut that nasty dead rat looking thing off my head. It made for a nice moustache. And a goatee. We had fun with it.Edward Scissorhands does my hair!!

It hurt to cut my hair. Like physically HURT. But he started by shaving the side. I had to capture that punk rock snarl for old time's sake 😉 
So why not shave the other side and have a mullet? 😂 
Now let's end that party in the back and we can have matching haircuts! Just what every 16 year old young man wants, right? 😁 Twinning with mama. 
Now shave straight through the middle...
...so you can wear a pretty little bow one last time. 🎀
Now let's finish it. Mom's tired and every follicle on my head hurts. 
Ta da!!
No one tells you what it feels like when chemo makes your hair fall out. It happened so fast! Mine is still falling out in clumps but it's less messy since it's shorter. I expect there won't be anything left on my head soon. 

I'm glad to discover that my head is nice and round. My head feels naked and I need a hat that doesn't make me feel like a man. Cancer has taken my breasts and my hair but it will NOT take my joy. That belongs to the Lord, my Creator, my Rock. 

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
Psalms 139:14
 

No comments:

Post a Comment