Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

After Round 1

It's been 2 days now since Chemo Round 1 got its first punch in. I didn't feel it till about 6 pm and it lasted till I went to bed. I took my antinausea meds (one of the 5 they prescribed me) around 9 pm because the feeling wasn't passing on its own. I am thankful for the fast my integrative oncologist had me on. Clear fluids only for 36 hours equals no vomiting and mild nausea. I was wide awake at 3 am though, might have been the meds wearing off, and after an hour and a half I was able to go back to sleep. I woke up rested, no nausea, and only slightly hungry for my first post chemo meal. Praise the Lord. He gets ALL the glory.

I promptly went on with my day, intending to just playing it by ear. I went to the doctor for my neulasta injection. I've been warning this one will kill off my white blood cells. (More on that later.) Took my sister to the airport to see her off. About 2 pm, the nausea returned. Still very mild, but just enough to make me cautious. I took my meds again just before dinner, a different one this time. I don't think they're really helping but at least the feeling isn't overwhelming. Just taking it easy.

Today's Friday now and I'm taking my son Ryan to the DMV for his driving test. Say a little prayer for him that he passes. It'll be a huge help to me to have him driving independently. I know he's ready, but he's a bit nervous this morning.

As for me, please pray that the nausea I'm experiencing either goes away or stays this mild. Also, today I woke up aching all over. The neulasta injection causes bone pain and I'm feeling it. This looks like it will shape up to be a low key day. Good thing I'm taking this day by day...or even hour by hour. Minute by minute works too 💕

Many thanks,
Tika

No comments:

Post a Comment