Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Needed

This gift...
This wonderful gift of a man God has given me. A clear reflection of Christ in my life...my protector, my provider. My Beloved.

Every day, he rises and works hard to provide for our family. A servant's heart has he.

And he needs me...

Out of this trial, this injury to his strong body, God has given me an opportunity to serve my husband like never before. To truly be his helpmeet...

I am not accustomed to waking at 3:30 am, but my man needs me. He wakes in pain, unable to bend his knee. He needs me...just to get dressed. He needs me...to kneel before him, to put on his socks and shoes. A man on crutches cannot carry his coffee mug or breakfast to the table. He needs me...

I know that asking for help doesn't come easy for him. Me too...
I try to anticipate his needs, so he doesn't have to ask, yet I let him do what he is able to do. It is humbling for both of us.

To the depths of my soul, I know that this is what I was created for.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you for giving me this man...and this opportunity to serve my husband like never before. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment