Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Hurt

Yesterday, my sweet husband got hurt. In the 16 years we've been together, I think this is the first injury he has ever had. My poor guy...
How?
Good question :)
Was he climbing a ladder? Fixing a fence? Moving furniture?
No...
He was playing Frisbee with our son and friends at the park. A beautiful Sunday afternoon ended with a *pop!* and a trip to urgent care.

I had stayed home from church and the park because our younger son was feeling sick. So, I wasn't there. I wasn't there to see my beloved laying on the field hurting. I wasn't there to see friends carry him off that field. I wasn't there to see our friend drive his van into the field to transport him. I wasn't there...but I thank God the others were. Thank you.

I was home with my boy when I got a text telling me "I'm praying for Charlie". What? She must mean Nathan. Afterall, he's the reason we stayed home today. Jokingly, I replied, "what's wrong with him?" Ha ha. Then I found out she wasn't at the park either. She and her husband were asked to pray for my Charlie. And I didn't know...Thank you, Lord, that others were praying for my Love even before I knew he was hurt. Thank you...

I will never understand why no one called to tell me my husband had been hurt. Strange, if you ask me.
And it hurts me too...

Instead, I will pray blessings on those that surrounded our family to help and to pray. I will choose to be thankful and glad, instead of angry and bitter. I will praise God that my husband has only a minor injury to accompany his physical pain. I will...

Heal me, O Lord , and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
~ Jeremiah 17:14

No comments:

Post a Comment