Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Patience


Good news
If things had gone the way I'd originally planned, I would have started treatment in Mexico a week ago. Instead I was in the middle of radiation. I opted to stay home and fight this cancer with an integrative approach, stepping up what I'd already been doing and implementing a few new things. One of those things involved regular use of an infrared sauna. I've done this once a week for the last couple years which is fine for "maintenance" but I needed access more frequently with this recurrence in my bones. I bought a sauna for my home with some of the funds raised for my treatment expenses. It arrived the day I would have started treatment in Mexico. Charlie and Nathan assembled it that night and it is getting daily use. I can't do the high temps while healing from radiation but the gentle warmth feels so good to my bones. I'm looking forward to turning up the heat when my doctor gives the thumbs up.


Not so good news
Last Friday, I completed my 10 rounds of radiation. Not much compared to some but I'm still thankful to have it behind me. It will be weeks before we'll know if it was effective in treating my bone pain. Meanwhile, my doctor said to watch for skin changes and other symptoms. Saturday night was the only day I worked last week. That night my groin area turned angry red and tender. Sunday I could barely move without pain flashing through my body. I spent the day wrapped in a warm blanket resting. Monday I started getting intense pain and burning when I pee. These are symptoms I was told to watch for so I called my doctor. I'm sitting at the hospital right now drinking lots of water so they can do a urinalysis to rule out a UTI or other infection.

I am so tired.


Prayer request
My sister is coming to visit this week. A bright spot in my schedule that I'm looking forward to. Our plan was to rearrange and refresh my living room (we just got rid of my recliner- aka, my "sick bed" for surgeries and chemo) but I don't want to overexert myself.  Please pray that I'll get the rest I need for healing.


Winter blessings
6. The arrival of my sauna and the sharing of it with friends and family.
7. Completing radiation.
8. The gift of new chairs from a friend to replace the one that served me well but needed to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment