Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year, New Hope

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on healing my body:

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2 ESV

For years I have struggled with conforming to the standard of care offered, not just with cancer, but with several autoimmune disorders I've dealt with over the years. When you're looking for healing and wholeness but offered drugs to mask symptoms instead of looking to their cause, you turn to your Creator for direction. You open your mind up to renewal, learn to read your body, to give it what it needs, to allow healing to begin. You research and study, you pray and bring everything before the Lord to determine if it is his good will for you, part of his perfect and acceptable plan. You trust that HIS way is the only way for you to go, even if it doesn't make sense initially. You know that HE sees the bigger picture.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord , plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

As I step into 2019, I'm reminded of this simple measure I've come to rely on and embrace. To seek guidance from The One Who Knows All, to seek his will for me, to trust the outcome he's planned for me even if it's not what I hoped for. My hope is in him alone. My future rests in his loving hands.

Consider this a formal invitation to join me this year, to embrace his goodness, to seek his holy face in the ups and downs of daily life in a sinful world. I can't promise regular posts or even engaging ones, but I will try my best to share openly and honestly, to glorify God in all I say and do.

Despite the hopelessness the world would have me accept as my fate, this is still A Blessed Season. This is my blessed season.

Happy New Year!

Winter Blessings:
#1 Christmas with my family (pictured), a winter blessing to remember for a lifetime and long overdue.
#2 The fog that clings to our valley, hiding what we know is there, but wrapping us in the softness of a touchable cloud.
#3 Hot tea in a special mug to chase away the bone-chilling cold from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment