Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Premonition

I wanted to share something with you. I wrote this almost 3 years ago, just 3 months before I was diagnosed with breast cancer, shortly after my son was diagnosed with a bunch of disorders that he'd been suffering from and turning our world on it's head. Just prior to that, Charlie left his "secure" corporate job after 13 years when his hard work and dedication was no longer appreciated and he was targeted for termination without cause. I worried the stress of it might kill him. He left on his own terms but that meant no income. This is literally the story of my life and that's only the last 4 years. While the blessings have been abundant, I'm more familiar with hardship and trials. By the grace of God, I'm still standing. When I can't stand, I kneel. When I can't do even that, I curl up under wings and find rest and comfort. 

Friends, another trial is on the horizon. Not to a downer, but this is always true to some extent or another. I can't say that I don't have moments of worry and fear, but then I look back on all that God has carried me through, provided for, and blessed me with, and I *know* that I will be okay. I *know* that his plans for me are good, even if they're not what I'd hoped for.
So many times I've turned to you asking for prayer. You never disappoint! Thank you for that. Today, how can I pray for you? (Feel free to pm me if you don't care to share below.) My prayer for you is that you find JOY in Jesus, that you find COMFORT in him, and PEACE. He is all of those things to me and then some. Press in, my friends, and know that he loves you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment