Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Praying for Our Sons~ DAY FOUR

DAY 4 ACTION STEPS
READ | Read through the section titled, “What Are We Aiming For?” (pg. 17-18, my copy calls it “Changing our Aim”) and work through any (or all) of the Study Questions that enhance your time in this challenge!

PRAY | Work through the 10 prayers on Integrity (pg. 19) using whatever method works best for you! (See DAY ONE for ideas)

COMMENT | Let’s work through Study Question #4 for our discussion today: “Consider your own parenting style.  Is the way you interact with your son(s) targeting the heart and motivating them toward real heart-change?  Or do you mainly focus on changing behavior?”



Dearest Mamas,
Integrity. Who doesn't want that for their sons?
My Nerf Ninjas
A good question to ask ourselves: “Who am I when no one is looking?”
*whoosh!* Took the wind right out of my sails! Am I all that I appear to be? Am I who God created me to be? Truly?
I remember the first time I heard someone use the expression AUDIENCE OF ONE. I was a “baby Christian”, still learning to walk in the ways of the LORD. No matter where we GO…No matter what we DO…No matter what we’ve thought, but didn’t say…we’ve done it all to an AUDIENCE OF ONE. The One. God sees all, hears all, knows all. Who are we fooling? No one…and certainly not The One!
Today, as you pray for Integrity for your sons, pray for their hearts, claim God’s promise to us, for yourselves and for your sons:
“I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put in you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.” ~ Ezekiel 36:26-27
Keep praying, Mamas! God hears our prayers ♥ Be sure to follow today's Action Steps too! I look forward to hearing from you.



Day Four – Integrity
Encouragement from Brooke, author of Warrior Prayers~ Praying the Word for Boys in the areas they need it most:

"Integrity can be defined as firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values or the quality or state of being complete or undivided.
Someone who stands up for what is right no matter who is around.
I have a feeling that integrity is probably caught rather than bought. As our sons see us in situations that demand a choice to walk in integrity, we can create natural, life-giving conversations explaining to them why we chose the way we did. Life is full of opportunities to choose the easy way instead of the way of integrity, but a man of integrity “ponders the way that is blameless” (Psalm 101:2). Pausing to help our sons understand why we chose the way of integrity over what might have seemed to be a better or easier way trains their minds to ponder the blameless way."
“He who is steadfast in righteousness will attain to life … ” Proverbs 11:19

Integrity
May__________walk before You, as David his father walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that God has commanded him, and keeping His statutes and His rules (1 Kings 9:4).
Till he dies, may__________never put away his integrity (Job 27:5).
May__________ponder the way that is blameless and walk with integrity of heart within God’s house (Psalm 101:2).
May__________show himself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in his teaching show integrity, dignity (Titus 2:7).
Like Joseph, may__________hear the word of the Lord and obey (from Luke 1:27).
Like Daniel, may__________resolve not to defile himself (from Daniel 1:8).
Like Paul, may__________learn to be content in any situation (Philippians 4:11).
Like Timothy, may__________set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
Like David with Goliath, may__________stand up for the living God (1 Samuel 17).
Like Abraham, may__________obey God in faith (Genesis 12).

No comments:

Post a Comment