Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lemons

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
I’ve heard this said many times over the years. In fact, many of those times, it was heard coming out of my mouth! I am not an optimistic, sunshiny person by nature…I speak sarcasm fluently. I am easily discouraged and short tempered. This is the result of many years of allowing my failures and short-comings define me…instead of listening to my SAVIOR who loves me.
Bitter…
I don’t want to bitter. Lemons are bitter…sour…
lemons
…but I don’t have to be!
It is a choice for me to look for God’s handiwork in my life…and marvel in it.
It is a choice for me to listen for His still small voice…
and obey.
It is a choice for me to speak words of thanksgiving…
when I’d rather cry in self-pity.
And yet I wouldn’t have it any other way!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
-Philippians 4:13

So today, instead of making lemonade, I made Lemon Brownies (Lemonies? Yellowies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment