Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Expand

He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do,
and keep me
from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.
1 Chronicles 4:10
So, I’ve been praying. God had already revealed that He was leading my family a new direction…a bit of an Extreme Home Makeover Winking smile, but some of those changes are in the little things too. It’s not just about simplifying our lives, eliminating distractions, and growing our family… It’s also about little things for me.
Years ago, the Lord had placed it on my heart to minister to homeschool mamas in my community. He had placed me in a unique situation where I was meeting a wide variety of mamas. At the park, in my classes, at church, at the homeschool group I joined. Time and again, I would meet a new-to-me mama and she would confess her loneliness or her need for fellowship with other homeschooling moms. Oh, my heart cries out! I feel your pain, Sister! ♥ So, I started hosting  a monthly moms’ night…A Gathering of local homeschooling mamas meeting for a little food, fun, and fellowship. Three years later, I find that I am the one being blessed as I get to witness new friendships being born before my eyes, precious prayers exchanged, and laughter…lots and lots of carefree laughter. So good for the soul!
I recently asked the Lord, Is this still Your Will for me? Shall I continue to provide this meeting place? Is there more you would have me do? Oh, that you would bless me…again?…and expand my territory! It is for You, LORD, for Your Glory, that I do this…Be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain! 
And the Lord granted me my request.
Starting with the expansion of my blog, to share a little more of our family life as dedicated homeschoolers (Really, anyone who homeschools has to be pretty dedicated!) and the everpresent goal of seeking the Lord in all we do.
I appreciate your prayers in this, for the days ahead and for the challenges the big changes are sure to bring.
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment