Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

First Line results


I had my petscan Wednesday. Yesterday, I went in for my monthly labs, recheck appt, and injection. They already had my results and I want to share the results of my first line of treatment:
The cancer in my bones shows growth and more metastases but it seems that the cells are less active. Unfortunately it has now spread to my liver and those cells don't seem to be responding to treatment. Both of these things explain my rising numbers. My onc suspects that the cancer in my liver may be a different mutation so she's sending me for a liver biopsy asap. There were some other concerning factors from my labwork so I'll have more tests done again tomorrow. My dr is opting to continue this first line of treatment until we have more info.
Please pray for:
HEALING
Less pain
Mental clarity
Wisdom
And my guys❤
As you can imagine, this new development is concerning and, if I'm totally honest, scary.
The good news is that my integrative oncologist applied on my behlf for a clinical trial through NCI and we got news this morning that that will consider my case.
Please pray for this too. I have to send them my petscan results and if I qualify, I'll be traveling to the Washington DC area for treatment. From what I'm told, this will be multiple trips of a few weeks at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment