Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dead End Road

Is there a word for the kind of heartache that steals your breath away? Robs you of precious sleep? The kind that invades your thoughts and dreams? Makes you weep from the depths of your soul?

I don’t know the word, but I know the feeling. I know what it means to sob even when there are no more tears. Yes, that kind. Yet I will praise the Lord. I will…

“…The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
~ Job 1:21b

A few years ago, the Lord gave us a vision, a hope, a promise, and a dream that we had never even imagined. We prayed and fasted…and prayed some more. Is this really what God wants for us?? His confirmation was so clear, His hand firmly directing us down a road we had never considered before He placed it on our hearts.

Like any good traveler, we prepared for the trip. We considered what we might encounter along the way, what we might need, and we trusted the Lord to equip us…and He did. He provided trusted, experienced guides to advise and encourage us. He gave us plentiful opportunities to learn more about our destination. He calmed the fears that would sneak up on us when we least expected and gave us a peace like no other.

psalm23

For a few years now we’ve been traveling down this road. And then we woke up one morning this week to find out we were lost. We’d hit a dead end. What we thought was God’s plan for us was harshly stripped away…leaving us searching for answers that may never come this side of heaven.

I know that the Lord is still with us, that He will never leave us. He is still on the Throne. He still reigns. And I will go wherever He sends me next.

Though my heart aches, I will still sing his praises…
how can I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment