Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Celebrating

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”
Exodus 20:8-11

A few years ago, I bought a book, Celebrating Biblical Feasts, to add to our homeschool library. I don’t know if it was procrastination or just forgetfulness, but I haven’t had a chance to use it until this year. While I was recovering from my surgeries this winter, my eyes fell on the book and I dug in.

For several weeks now, we have been observing the Sabbath. Now, I should explain…My husband works in retail and his scheduled hours do not always allow for weekends off. In fact, they rarely do. How can we honor the LORD? How can WE keep the Sabbath day as a family? After praying about this, the LORD impressed upon me that this was about my heart…to honor Him in obedience. Our Sabbath day varies from week to week, in order for us to be able to share that day with my husband.

In Mark 2, Jesus said,

“The sabbath was made for man,
and not man for the sabbath…”

The Sabbath was made for man? A gift? For me??? Well then, I should start treating it like the good gift that it is!

So we have our Preparation Day and enjoy our Sabbath together. Here’s our table, set for our Sabbath meal.

peu_20120226_21

I think my favorite part of this journey has been learning more about Jesus and His fulfillment of the prophesies. We are all growing closer to the LORD as we come to understand all that He is to us…and closer to each other! ♥

Celebrate Jesus together! Celebrate the gift of the Sabbath!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment