Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All shapes and sizes

Big or small, major or insignificant, our blessings come in all shapes and sizes.

Today, I measured my oldest son's height and discovered he is less than 2 inches away from passing me up. On Saturday, my "baby" turns 10. Where does the time go? It's good to know that no matter how fast the time flies by, God is in control.

And I am thankful.

It has been a challenge to count my blessings these last few weeks. Death of a loved one, loneliness, planning for an upcoming surgery...Somewhere along the way I missed my signal to STOP...LOOK AROUND...and see what the LORD is doing in my life. 
  
A haze had settled over my little world and a battle continues to rage around me. It's hard to keep my eyes focused on Jesus when I can't tell which way is up...

...and then He shines His Light and I find my way again.

#1 A baby's giggle, #2 a call from a distant friend, #3 a simple thank you note
My winter blessings~ big and small

A new season has begun. A blessed season.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 
  a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
  a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
  a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
  a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
  a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
  a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
  a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
LORD, I am seeking that time of healing, that time of laughing & dancing. I know it will happen in Your Time, not mine...according to Your Will, not mine. I welcome that time of peace, Father God, but in the meantime, I need Your Arms around me and I am thankful that You never leave my side. ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment