Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

My 100 Summer Blessings

·                                  Nothing says "summer" like the sound of my boys whispering & laughing outside in their fort, without a care in the world. *contented sigh* God is good....
·                                 Another summer blessing~ Running into a friend I haven't seen in a long, long time and having her tell me I look beautiful and healthy:) Last time I saw her I was not. Thank you, Lord, for healing and kind words!
·                                 More summer blessings: After spending the day being "taught" that it's all about politics & $$$, I am thankful to know the Truth!
"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!"
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
-Heb.10:23
·                                 I think I'm going for "100 Summer Blessings". That would make this... Summer Blessing #4: All 4 of us able to go to church today!
Summer Blessing #5: Having 35 people come to our HSG Family Picnic in the Park! (NOT including my family!) Such a blessing to gather w/friends and family, new & not-so-new


Summer Blessing #6: Having the opportunity to stop everything to spend the day resting and praying, even when words fail me.

“Prayer is the burden of a sigh, the falling of a tear; the upward glancing of an eye, when none but God is near.” ~Margaret Clarkson
  • Summer Blessing #7: God gave me 2 strong young men who can & will help their mom, even at the grocery store.
    Summer Blessing #8: Summer rain means I don't have to water my garden, God will!
·                                 Summer Blessing #9: God's provision for my family means my son can get braces for his teeth :)
Summer Blessing #10: Our sister, Angie, is coming to visit us! She'll be here tonight:)
Happy Thursday, People!
·                                 Summer Blessing #11: My kids did great on their tests! Praise the Lord!: Summer Blessing #12! My big sister's here!!!! :D
·                                 Summer Blessing #13: I am so blessed by the family that God has given me~ The family I was born into, the family that I married into, the children we have in our lives now and the ones yet to come! My is overwhelmed right now....
·                                 Summer Blessing #14: A wonderful walk on a beautiful day with my favorite people:)
#15: Enjoy the relaxed, stress-free, much-needed visit with my big sis. Talkin', laughin', prayin', shoppin'. Love it! Love her!
#16: Attending the equivalent of an Amish quilting bee! A work party to prep for an upcoming wedding was no work at all when gathered alongside other godly women!
·                                 Summer Blessing #17: Hearing Francis Chan speak at Church in the Park. What an encouraging word for all ages!
Summer Blessing #18: Seeing my big sister leave here today with more bounce in her step than when she arrived
·                                 Summer Blessing #19: Having me & my boys welcomed in "like family" to watch the parade this morning! (Thank you, Hope & family!)
Summer Blessing #20: They invited us to stay for lunch & swimming too:)
·                                 Summer Blessing #21: Sitting at an old fashioned soda fountain counter, sipping rootbeer floats with my boys :)
·                                 Summer Blessing #22: Garden fresh food to feed my family!
  • Summer Blessing #23: Running into 2 friends at the library today, neither of which do I see often enough!
    Summer Blessing #24: Having 2 big, strong boys to "carry the heavy stuff" and push the cart at Costco :)
  • Summer Blessing #25: Spending a few hours with friends today and coming home with my cheeks hurting from smiling so big and laughing so hard!

    "A friend loves at all times" -Proverbs 17:17
  • Summer Blessing #26: Meeting a friend's brand new baby! So precious

    * How wonderful you are, LORD! *
  • Summer Blessing #27: Realizing that it's usually more important to listen than to speak, but that there's also a time to speak and be heard. It's good to know the difference!
    Summer Blessing #28: Calling my mom at 9:45pm to wish her a happy birthday and knowing it's not too late to call:) *I love you, Mom!*
  • Summer Blessing #29: Family Work Day! Our home is looking pretty good, inside & out! :) We'll all sleep good tonight (and be bright-eyed & bushy tailed for church tomorrow!)
    Summer Blessing #30: My favorite summer flowers, shasta daisies given to me by a special friend, are bursting open! Love it! Love her!
  • Summer Blessing #31: An amazing message in church today spoke VOLUMES to my . Additionally, it seems that conviction coupled w/repentance can = the gift of an answered prayer I've been praying for 10 yrs+! Yay!
    Summer Blessing #32: Spending time tonight w/my creative son @the Children's Festival. I love that we share this *love* in common! :)
  • Summer Blessing #33: Watching an excellent family movie with my boys, in the comfort of our home:) Popcorn, anyone?
  • Summer Blessing #34: Going through one of the boxes my mom brought me (months ago!)

    *Raggedy Ann, I'm sorry I drew on your face. I didn't know better!
  • Summer Blessing #35: I am thankful for my mom teaching me how to sew I bet she didn't know I was paying attention! (Love you, Mom! xoxo)
  • Summer Blessing #36: Thank you, Lord, for giving me godly women that I can trust and call on for advice and prayer, and most of all, that I can call them both Friend & Sister.
  • Summer Blessing #37: Fellowship with our church family- food, friends, worship around the campfire
    Summer Blessing #38: Finding Charlie's keys (in the backyard) after an hour of searching everywhere, including using long sticks to reach through my car's rear windows. Since he had stashed my keys in my center counsel we thought both sets of keys were locked in the same car!
  • Summer Blessing #39: I am blessed to be married to my best friend. I am thankful that he loves the Lord and allows Him to lead him, so he can lead us! I am honored to be called his wife
  • Summer Blessing #40: Having several hours available to me last night to spend sketching and drawing to my heart's delight! I am even more thankful that I will be able to complete my "blue ribbon hopefuls" in time for the fair:)
  • Summer Blessing #41: Summer rainstorms :) Need I say more?
  • Summer Blessing #42: Being reminded that sick children are slower and quieter than well children.
    Summer Blessing #43: Lessons from our Father in patience and obedience via our example to our children.
    *Thank you, Lord, for this day of rest and for promised healing. Help us to be good examples of obedience to your Word for our children. When we stumble, help us to be good examples then too.
  • Summer Blessing #44: Having a late night heart-to-heart conversation with my wonderful husband who doesn't quite know his worth. He is everything I didn't know I needed and so much more than I could have asked for. God is the best gift-giver EVER! :)
  • Summer Blessing #45: I just won 2 tickets to a concert of my choice from LMG! Woohoo! :)
  • Summer Blessing #46: Listening to the downpour outside and thankful for the roof over my head.

    "Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
    ever singing your praise!" -Psalm 84:4
  • Summer Blessing #47: Attending a baby shower last night that put about 20 women together working to prepare a month's worth of dinners for mama:) Can't wait to celebrate baby's arrival!
  • Summer Blessing #48: Watching my husband's face when he received a call from a friend he hadn't talked to in 10 years:) Sometimes old friends are the best friends! (They know all your dirt & still love ya!)Summer Blessing #49: Receiving confirmation to a long-standing prayer:) While I'm a firm believer in thanking God for unanswered prayers (Garth knew what he was talking about!), I am so glad this one got a YES!
  • Summer Blessing #50!: Realizing that there are so many blessings in my life, many that I tend to overlook, but my decision to count them allows my heart to focus on abundance rather than deficiency.

    "They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness
    and shall sing aloud of your righteousness." ~Psalm 145:7
  • Summer Blessing #51: I am thankful for my "transparencies". Not those plastic sheets for the overhead projector, but the see-through qualities of people who have nothing to hide. There is something refreshing about the honesty of a friend who is free to be truthful, regardless of how vulnerable that makes them, new creation and all!

    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation." ~2 Corinthians 5:17
  • Summer Blessing #52: I am thankful for forgiveness. Not only the existence of it, but that I can give it and receive it, even when I am unworthy. Today, I was in need of it & I am very grateful Charlie gave it
    "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld."-John 20:23
  • Summer Blessing #53: I am thankful for my little dog who brings such joy and simple loyalty and playfulness to our family.
    Hopefully she'll still love us after we get her fixed today :/
  • Summer Blessing #54: Snuggling teeny, tiny beautiful Baby Kate today! Only 5 days old, she is a pure and precious reminder of God's promises and blessings! *sigh*
  • Summer Blessing #55: Fun (and FREE!) drum demo at the library today:) My little drummer boy was a happy camper!
    Summer Blessing #56: Good reports at the dentist=D That's a HUGE blessing!
    I
    days like today when all the running around is worth it and I can finally sit down with my little puppy and relax for a little while, knowing that God is good no matter what tomorrow bring.
  • Summer Blessing #57: After another busy day, feeling it catching up to me (*ouch!*), it all melted away when I got to cuddle another little baby girl tonight So sweet!
  • Summer Blessing #58: Witnessing my boys getting along for most of this hot day. (A huge blessing when I feel like I got hit by a bus!) I them so much!

    "May they be secure who love you!
    Peace be within your walls
    and security within your towers!"
  • Summer Blessing #59: Baking with my boy while dancin' 'round the kitchen :)
  • Summer Blessing #60: Fellowship & planning with special ladies this morning:) I'm so excited!
    Summer Blessing #61: Having a friend "loan" us their pool while they're out of town! Just me and my boys, swimming on this super warm...no, HOT...day:)
  • Summer Blessing #62: Lunch date w/ my 3 favorite guys
    Summer Blessing #63: Fellowship with friends at the park this afternoon:)
    Summer Blessing #64: Surprising a special friend on her 50th birthday:)
    Summer Blessing #65: Rolling the windows down, singing praises to my King &taking the long way home tonight...enjoying the drive:)
  • Summer Blessing #66: Having (repetitive) confirmation that "Less of me, More of Him" is a very good thing!

    "He must become greater; I must become less." ~John 3:30
·                                 Summer Blessing #67: I *finally* figured out how to link my website posts to my fb page for The HS Gathering ~Southern Oregon!!!! Yay! Thank you Kelly and Jessica for pointing me in the right direction! :D
  • Summer Blessing #68: Choosing to find the positive side of an unfortunate change of plans. Now I can look forward to new, but different plans for tomorrow:)
  • Summer Blessing #69: A sleepless night affords me the beautiful display of twinkling stars fading away as the sun dawns on another blessed day.
  • Summer Blessing #70: An afternoon at the park with friends = hungry, stinky boys on the drive home:) Bonus? They'll sleep well tonight!
  • I must be crazy. I just finished vacuuming my floor, the furniture....and the walls.

    Summer Blessing #71: A vacuum that....*ahem*...sucks.
  • Summer Blessing #72: Everybody sleeping in after staying up late for Family Movie Night:) Good rest means good attitudes....I hope!

    *Thank you, Lord, for fellowship with my family, rest when we need it and time to enjoy this beautiful day together.*
  • Summer Blessing #73: I am thankful for the healthful properties that God packed into the foods He intended for us to eat. I am thankful for the space to grow what we can and the resources to come by the rest. I am thankful that we live in a country where clean water is plentiful and available "on tap".

    "And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."~Genesis 1:29
  • Summer Blessing #74: Learning (again) to be flexible when it comes to our school schedule. *I was NOT destined to control my own little world* In favor of enjoying this late-start summer, we have decided to push back our official start date for the new school year.

    "The heart of man plans his way,
    but the LORD establishes his steps." ~Proverbs 16:9

    *Lead me, LORD! Show me the way!
  • And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
    The prancing and pawing of each little...WHAT?!?!
    *I drew in my head, and was turning around*

    "BOYS!!!! GET OFF THE ROOF!!!!!"

    Summer Blessing #75: I am thankful for the adventurous spirits of my boys, but I am also thankful that no one got hurt today!
  • Summer Blessing #76: I love it when you smile, genuinely happy and content....it's contagious! :)

    "For you make him most blessed forever;
    you make him glad with the joy of your presence." ~Psalm 21:6
  • Summer Blessing #77: My *twin* making a special trip to see me, even though I'm running a fever. I'm so blessed!
    Summer Blessing #78: My wonderful husband bringing me flowers & taking care of me after a hard day's work. I don't deserve him, but I'm blessed to have him!

    *Lord, when I asked for rest, you sent me to bed with a fever, but not without sending your angels to take care of me. Your ways are not our ways, but I love the way you love me & care for my needs.
  • Summer Blessing #79: I am blessed to know that God hears my prayers, regardless of how & when He answers them. I know He hears, I seek His Will, I trust His Timing:)
  • Summer Blessing #80: I am blessed with the anticipation of some much needed rest & relaxation:)
    Summer Blessing #81: I am blessed to be well enough to go on our little getaway!
    Summer Blessing #82: I am looking forward to being media-free for this time away with my family!
  • Summer Blessing #83: Home Sweet Home
  • Summer Blessing #84: Miracle of miracles- my friends' home and shop were saved from the fires in Rogue River!
    *Thank you, Lord, for protecting my friends and for sparing their home! You ARE an awesome God!
  • Summer Blessing #85: I am comforted and overjoyed by the reassurance that I have today and always that I am saved by grace through faith! (Who me??)
  • Summer Blessing #86: Some things are (thankfully) not always what they seem to be.

    *"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.* ~Isaiah 55:8
  • Summer Blessing#87: We do NOT have the chickenpox, praise the Lord! :D
  • Summer Blessing #88: Regardless of my situation, life's ups and downs, I will rejoice because of the hope I have in Christ. I ALWAYS have a choice in how I respond.

    "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." ~Romans 12:12
  • Summer Blessing #89: Babysitting 8 childen under the age of 9 yrs old (plus my 2) to bless a young mama :) I'm not sure if I feel 10 years older or younger!
  • ‎76lbs of peaches later....
    Summer Blessing #90: I
    am blessed by all this yummy goodness stored up for "winter" (maybe I'll actually see winter this year!). Good thing I had enough space to stash it all!
  • Summer Blessing #91: Baking a gf cake that didn't rise, but still tastes supper yummy:) So much for trying a new recipe!
    Try, and try again....
  • My phone is broken. :( You can reach me by email or fb. I'm hoping the US Cellular will reactivate my old phone cuz I can't afford a new one! *ugh!* Blessing in this???

    Summer Blessing #92: I am thankful for my husband who is trying to take care of this for me so I don't have to! He's the best:D
  • Summer Blessing #93: Playing hostess to a lovely bunch of ladies. A beautiful start to a beautiful day!
  • Summer Blessing #94: God's merciful answer to my prayers, if only for today

    I will *not* worry about tomorrow!
  • Summer Blessing #95: (#95!!!) Feeling well enough to go for a nice evening stroll with my beloved! I'm so thankful to be married to my best friend
  • Summer Blessing #96: Enjoying a gorgeous day at the skatepark with my 2 handsome young men!
  • Summer Blessing #97: Stargazing in my hammock :) AWEsome, God!

    "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?"~Psalm 8:3-4
  • Summer Blessing #98: Harvesting odds and ends from my garden:) Only God could have known that I'd have fresh strawberries in September! Or cukes & toms just getting started:)
  • Summer Blessing #99: Getting the grocery shopping done as a family (many hands make light the work!) and saving enough money to treat us all to dinner! 80% savings WOOHOO!!!
    God's provision is perfect in every way:)
  • Summer Blessing #100 (Woohoo!!!): Joyful anticipation of celebrating our September birthdays with a friend tonight and for following through on my commitment to count 100 Summer Blessings! Tomorrow begins a new commitment that I'm really looking forward to!
Top of Form
Bottom of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment